Stream live to mobile, tablets, and desktops with our new Account Portal »
This tutorial guides you through not only how to embed the JW Player 5 into multiple outlets, but also how to change the skin of the player.
- How to embed Using HTML
- How to embed Using JS
- How to embed Using Live RTMP Streaming
- How to embed Using Youtube
- How to embed a Playlist
- How to change the Skins
Files you will need (found at the JWplayer website.):
- player.swf, swfobject.js, and jwplayer.js
Please make sure to look for the note saying “../jwplayer/” it is VERY important.
1. How to Embed Using HTML
Make sure you change the file location (.mp4 or .flv) and verify your SWF location.
2. How to Embed Using JS
Make sure you change the file location (.mp4 or .flv) and verify your SWF and JS locations.
3. How to Embed Using Live RTMP Streaming
- Change the file name to whatever you set your encoders stream name to. (For example: livestream)
- Verify your SWF location and that you have the swfobject.js or jwplayer.js in the correct location.
- Change your RTMP server name, and make an empty folder jwplayer or live (It doesn’t matter, its just a place holder.)
4. How to Embed Using YouTube
- Copy and paste whatever the URL is for the YouTube video into the file location.
- Verify your SWF and JS locations.
5. How to Embed a Playlist
Edit playlist positions, size, and actually play list within [brackets].
6. How Change the Skin
Version 1: When using HTML
Just add the parameter and the correct location of the ZIP file for the skin. Note “../jwplayer/” in skins but not .js
Hope this Tutorial helps all you JW Player and Influxis users. As always, let us know if you have any questions or need any help!