Here is a tutorial to stream a live event with your New Wizard account to all devices using FMLE 3.2 with live packager. This will enable your stream to be viewable to all devices.
- A New Influxis Account.
- Adobe Flash Media Encoder 3.2. with AAC.
Open a web browser, and browse to the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder page, http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder.
Download and install the Flash Media Live Encoder.
- Flash Media Live Encoder is free, but you need an Adobe account (also free) to download it
- Open the Flash Media Live Encoder config.xml file in a text editor. The default installation location is:Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2. Macintosh: Applications:Adobe:Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2. Set the value of the following <enable> element to true:
Click OK to save the setting and return to the main page. The value of the Preset list changes to Custom.
- In you New Wizard select account settings and note your RTMP ID. (EXAMPLE Your RTMP ID is: YOURID.cloud.influxis.com)
- Start FMLE 3.2 on your computer to begin setting up your live stream.
- On the Encoding Options tab, in the Preset list, click High Bandwidth (800 Kbps) — H.264.
- On the Encoding Options tab, under the Audio check box, in the Format list, click AAC. (ACC is available for iOS and need to be purchased for Windows OS.)
- In the Video section of the Encoding Options tab, click the wrench icon on the right side of the Format list to open the Advanced Encoder Settings dialog box.
- In the Advanced Encoder Settings dialog box, in the Keyframe Frequency list, click 4 Seconds
You can also use a multiple of the value of the <FragmentDuration> element in the applications/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/Event.xml file. The default value of <FragmentDuration> is 4000 milliseconds (4 seconds).
- Copy the value of the FMSURL key, for example, rtmp:// YOURID.cloud.influxis.com/livepkgr.
- In Flash Media Live Encoder, in the Stream to Flash Media Server section, in the FMS URL field, paste the value of the FMSURL key that you copied from the Influxis Wizard portal and include /livepkgr. The /livepkgr is the application directory for your stream to connect to and converts you stream to be available to Mobile.
- In the FMLE console, copy the value of the Stream key, livestream?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-record-mode=record.
If you publish a live stream in record mode (adbe-record-mode=record), then stop the stream and restart it, Adobe Flash Media Server will delete the previous stream and start a new stream instead of appending to the previous stream when you restart. This is required for the shared accounts to enable HLS to stream again.
Now you are ready to stream to with you New Influxis wizard using FMLE and live packager.
My next tutorial will show you how to stream your live event to all devices with the JW player.
Happy Streaming ~ Robert